Vacuum Magic is a fast-paced action game. The point of the game is using your magical vacuum field to collect food and defend against monsters. Food and certain monsters can also be spat out and used as a projectile against other monsters.
Vacuum Magic can be played by up to six players, either cooperatively, or against each other.
The game is open source and can be downloaded free of charge.
If you are a graphics artist and feel like helping replace some of the graphics (sprites) in Vacuum Magic, please contact me:
upi AT sourceforge DOT net
I am playing Vacuum Magic 0.12. This is the first part of the video, click through to watch the rest.
And a short video showing the area trial and boss battle in version 0.13:
How to Play
It's more fun to figure it out for yourself, but here are some hints:
- On regular levels, you have to collect all the food (little brown balls) to continue to the next level.
- Red monsters and food are poisonous, avoid them.
- If you press your fire button while you're collecting a monster or food, you spit it out.
- You can destroy enemies by spitting out food and using it as a projectile.
- Some monsters, particularly those with a hard shell, can also be used as projectiles.
- If you destroy a poisonous monster with a projectile, you get double score.
- If you destroy a poisonous monster with a poisonous projectile, you get quadruple score, and a super food pellet.
- Super food pellets give you a sphere of protection.
- Super food pellets can also be used as projectiles, and they have quite an explosive effect.
- On boss levels, kill the boss monster(s) to continue.
- Some boss monsters are only vulnerable to projectiles. Super food pellets do double damage.